Wednesday, July 11, 2018

June 17, 2018 - Kathy Visit


Oh, the heartbreak when I realized that our new, tiny motorhome does not have an icemaker.  Double tragedy when I realized that the freezer is too small for ice trays.  Being a cheapskate, I did not want to buy a table top ice maker.  However, six weeks in the woods without ice put me over the edge.  I got on Amazon and bought one and had it delivered to Spence's house.

Spence and Linda delivered the ice maker on Saturday morning and we set it up on our small table next to the RV (an an outlet).  You pour water into the reservoir and, just as the advertisements say, in seven to fourteen minutes it begins dropping small ice cubes into a basket.  The cubes are small and wet to start, but after the machine gets chilled properly, the cubes get larger and harder. Frozen joy!


The instructions say that the ice maker will make up to 26 pounds a day.  I have no idea how much ice that is.  However much, it is more than we need.  When I add water and turn it on it the morning, we have more than we need for lunch - and the rest of the day as long as I keep adding more water. One drawback is that it is not a freezer and does not keep the ice frozen.  When it melts in the basket, the water drips back down into the reservoir.

This butterfly was most attracted to the ice maker and fluttered around and landed on it most of the day.


Kathy was the dinner chef and made a wonderful vegetable stir fry which we served with pasta. A nice feature of our outdoor kitchen is that you can sit at the picnic table to cook and eat.


Andy spent the time reading on his Kindle.




1 comment:

  1. Thank to Mr. Benjamin for helping me acquire my VA Mortgage loan. It was great receiving my loan of $900,000 USD from this loan lender. My name is Krasimir Todor am Belgian. I got my loan from this reputable loan lender on the 20th of November 2019 and I want to quickly use this medium to tell everyone here that you can acquire any loan from this credible loan company. A VA loan lender is not easy to come by and it must be recommended by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Mr Benjamin will give you loans at low-interest rates of 2% rate and very fast. Get your loans at Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or on Whatsapp number: + 1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete