Thursday, February 28, 2019

Lucy Cara Teague Painting


I befriended Lucy Cara Teague on Facebook a while back.  She is a friend of Kelly at the Big Creek Country Store.  Lucy is a painter and photographer who takes wonderful pictures of the mountains. Last spring I got the brilliant idea to have Lucy paint a picture of Andy standing on the bridge over Big Creek.  I have taken so many photos of him there, looking for fish among the rocks below the bridge. I sent Lucy several of my photos and she used them and her artistic license to create this wonderful image:



She captured just the scene I love and I love the painting.

The blue surround is the cushion on the patio furniture.

It was a surprise for Andy and he was thrilled with it.  Now I have to get a frame and put it on the wall.

If you are on Facebook, look up Lucy Cara Teague to see more of her work.


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. That's a painting that speaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy should love it, too, because it's one piece of work inside another. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Creek Campground area is my favorite place in the Smokey Mountains so it was with pleasure that I got to paint this and feel that I spent a little time with you and Andy. Hope you enjoy for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are both thrilled with it. I'll post another photo when I get it framed and on the wall. Thank you; and Great Job!

      Delete