Friday, May 25, 2018

May 24, 2018 - PBS and America's 100 favorite books

Deann, at Our Place, posted this comment on Facebook:




So, of course, I had to go to PBS and find out what that was all about.


This list is interesting, with old classics and books with the same title as blockbuster movies (which I have not seen).  I copied the list to Word and highlighted the ones I have read.  Only about 30%!  I might not be illiterate, but I'm not as well read as I thought either, if I've missed all these favorites. In my defense, I do read a lot of nonfiction, maybe 50%.

Therefore; I scanned the list and downloaded one I have never read or even heard of. (See?  You can end a sentence with a preposition.  I just did it.)  The book was The Notebook. I started reading a few pages and did not stop until I finished the book.

And, that is why I didn't post a blog last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment